Thursday, March 12, 2009

the post that tells you nothing

This has been a crazy year. The more I resolve to post more regularly, the harder it seems to do so. I am having wireless issues and time issues and posting to the blog or even checking what my friends have blogged has been difficult. But here I am with another baby step making an effort.

Maybe all the hurdles have been God's way of making sure I have not been able to post something I would regret. You may find this hard to believe, gentle readers, but there are people who will criticize you speak your mind. Some are honest enough to comment and provide their names. and then there's always Anonymous. Or perhaps they will not even comment on your blog, but instead call someone who knows you and express their "concern" about what you have written.

You see, a lot has happened on which I have an opinion, but it is probably best not to share that opinion with everyone. That is very funny because I am so often accused of being brutally honest and too blunt. People assume I just say everything that jumps in my mind. (and often I do speak/write without thinking) If the things I say shock people, what would they do if they knew the things I think, but don't say?

First round of appointments were proposed this week. A lot of pastors moving around. I don't know all of them yet. Some may change after the second round. I do know that I will be working with someone new. Still waiting to learn about them. Appointment time. One of those times it might be best not to say everything that jumps in your head.

That may be one of the hardest parts about being clergy. You have to be careful how much information and opinion you share. Some clergy never even share what team they support. all you have to do is see my car and you know that I don't keep that a secret. Some advise you not to indicate which way you lean politically. I really try on that one because I can see where that would be divisive. but most people can figure that out about me also. You have to be really careful not to take sides when there is disagreement among church folk. Well that is a full time job because church people often disagree.

So here I am posting without really saying anything and thinking for all the times I hear "you would not believe what Donna said" I would like to say "No - you would not believe what I really wanted to say."

No comments: