Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thoughts on Youth Sunday

Today was Youth Sunday at MUMC. And I stepped out and dared to be different and actually had youth participate. I know that is a bit radical. But just call me crazy.

You see, I am learning that the history of youth Sundays at MUMC did not always include youth involvement. But today, youth read Scriptures, introduced greeting time and slide show, prayed, were acolytes and ushers, sang and lead the children's moment.

Our call to worship was "Let's Get it Started," which pretty much set the tone and said that we were going to do things a little differently.

Considering that my sermon was prompted by something disappointing by the youth, I must say they made me quite proud today. They stepped up. They not only participated, but they seemed to enjoy participating. The future is looking good.

No comments: